Petha/ Ash Gourd- 1 kg
Alum Powder- 1 tsp
Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation
- Take the Ash Gourd and cut it into half, peel and deseed. You may then cut the Ash Gourd into pieces of the size you like.
- You may use a fork to prick them.
- Place these pieces in a pan. Pour enough water to just cover these pieces.
- Now add the alum powder. Boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Now remove it from heat. Wash under running water and properly drain it.
- Take a mixture of sugar and one cup of water and heat it. Continue the heating process until all the sugar dissolves.
- You must now add lemon juice. This helps to remove scum if there is any.
- You must then reduce the flame. Add the boiled Ash Gourd to this and continue to cook ill the Ash Gourd gets soft. The water will be roughly one-third the initial amount.
- You may then remove this from heat and separate the different pieces of ash gourd so that they do not stick to each other.
- Serve when these pieces have cooled down.
The yummy Agra Petha is now ready. It takes barely 30-40 minutes to prepare the famous Agra Petha. The quantity prepared can be used to serve four people. This is a wonderful vegetarian dessert and can be easily prepared.
Do tell me how you find the recipe. Also, send me your valuable feedbacks.