- Always wear comfortable clothes, like a track suit or any stretchable clothing. You must feel free to move and do your workout at ease.
- Divide your workout into 3 parts – 10 mins warm up, 20 mins exercise, 5 mins stretching & 5 mins cool down.
- Whenever working out, ensure you set realistic goals which would help you in staying motivated and dedicated towards your fitness regime.
- Stay focused – on your breathing, exercise count, body poster and technique used to perform an exercise. In short ‘concentrate’ on what you do.
- Avoid fatigue, muscle pull and dizziness, drink adequate water and keep your body hydrate.
- Do a balanced training programme, in which all your body parts are worked upon. A circuit training / must seek an advice of a personal trainer / fitness attendant.
- Ensure strict supervision, if you’re new to gym / trying a new workout. Always ask gym trainer to mentor or teach.
- Progress smartly, too much of rushing and over workout may lead to drop out or an injury. Weight loss is a gradual process.
- Try out various workouts, as same workout leads to boredom and stagnancy.
- When working out with exercise machines and tools, adjust them as per your body size and strength. This will give in best results as well prevent any sever injury.
- Improve body’s flexibility as well have a lower heart rate, a cool down helps in attaining both do not skip it.
- Be neat and clean. Take a shower prior going to gym, use a big towel, have a separate napkin to wipe your sweat, keep the things used into its proper place.
- Do exercise daily, even if your running short on time a little exercise is must. Do not give gaps, workout daily and maintain your fitness.
‘Exercise’ plays a vital role in my daily life. Be it outdoors / indoors / club, I love to start my day with a fitness regime. Usually, I like gyming as it gives an apt feeling of working out as well as fitness. Here are few basic tips; I would like to share with all my readers those who enjoy gym.
Follow Geeta Sharma on Quora
A big hello to everyone here... I am 'the' Geeta Sharma, a young, vibrant, and fun-loving girl from Agra. As a kid, tall buildings always inspired me and now as I type, I myself have attained a master’s degree in Architecture and am working on several projects in and around my city. Whenever I feel taxed of my job, I find a way out in the nature, my second habitat for obvious reasons! Meditation, camping, and photography are activities for which Mother Nature inspires me! On my way back, I also make it a point to get my mind and body relaxed at nearby spa centres. That is about me and you will find much more in detail with regular blogs and updates from me. So stay tuned and sit tight for new experiences every day!